1. Partridge in a Pear Tree represents The one true God revealed in the person of Jesus Christ. If you would prefer something a little less intense, and a whole lot more bubbly try the citrus-infused elegantly balanced.
Silverstream Single Vineyard Sparkling Blanc de Blanc
2. Turtle Doves – represents the Old and New Testaments.
3. French Hens speaks of Faith, Hope and Charity.
3b. Another true little French Hen in our midst is…
Champagne Marc Chauvet Brut Selection
4. Calling Birds are the Four Gospels and/or the Four Evangelists. The beautiful bird in our Portfolio is Cape Grace from Margaret River – magnificent wines calling for your attention.
Cape Grace Chenin Blanc
5. Golden Rings signify the first five books of the Old Testament, the ‘Pentateuch’ which contain the law condemning us of our sins. Lambrook have no sins and do not condemn. However, they do have intertwined ‘O’ rings in Lambrook – representing the love and support they feel from friends, family and those who indulge in their wine.
Lambrook Sparkling Pinot Noir
6. Geese A-laying is the six days of creation. The Handpicked Capella Vineyard is home to many native birds and there just so happens to be a little egg just laid upon their label. Soils of grey clay loam create vines that wrap around a beautiful lake; this vineyard doesn’t just produce beautiful eggs.
Handpicked Wines Capella Vineyard Pinot Noir
7. Swans A-swimming are the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit or the seven sacraments of the Catholic faith. If you would like your religion a little more relaxed; our holy gift would be more along the lines of adding this to your Christmas Day wine line-up…
Ministry of Clouds Grenache
8. Maids A-milking are the eight beatitudes. Or the beauty is within the Milk; First Drop’s version of maiden milk that is.
First Drop Mothers Milk Shiraz
9. Ladies Dancing are the nine fruits of the Spirit. Or we could extrapolate and reveal a Lady screaming with excitement as the dancing spirit takes hold.
Delinquente Screaming Betty Vermentino
10. Lords A-leaping are the ten commandments. We cannot think of a better way to leap than with our Holy man Joe from Tasmania.
Holyman Pinot Noir
11. Pipers Piping are the eleven faithful apostles.
12. Drummers Drumming are the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle’s Creed. All we can think of is, La Prova wines don’t miss a beat and we dream of a day when all will follow their wine creed – Italian Varietals in the Adelaide Hills hitting every note.
La Prova Aglianico Rosato